Re: automatic time zone conversion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ken Williams
Subject Re: automatic time zone conversion
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday, June 12, 2002, at 04:58  PM, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 04:41:53PM +1000, Ken Williams wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to import some data into a table with a column
>> defined as "timestamp not null".  When I defined the table,
>> postgres seemed to automatically convert the column to
>> "timestamp with time zone not null", and I can't figure out how
>> to get rid of the time zone information.
>
> I guess you could alter the schema so the type was "timestamp
> without time
> zone" (IIRC).

Yeah, but watch this:

announce=# create table test (x timestamp without time zone);
CREATE
announce=# \d test
                   Table "test"
  Attribute |           Type           | Modifier
  x         | timestamp with time zone |

I don't seem to be able to get rid of the time zone any of the
ways I've tried.

  -Ken