Re: Spurious "apparent wraparound" via SimpleLruTruncate() rounding - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrey Borodin
Subject Re: Spurious "apparent wraparound" via SimpleLruTruncate() rounding
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> 10 янв. 2021 г., в 14:43, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> написал(а):
>
>> Can you please send revised patches with fixes?
>
> Attached.
> <slru-truncate-modulo-v6.patch>
> <slru-truncate-t-insurance-v5.patch>

I'm marking patch as ready for committer.

I can't tell should we backpatch insurance patch or not: it potentially fixes unknown bugs, and potentially contains
unknownbugs. I can't reason because of such uncertainty. I've tried to look for any potential problem and as for now I
seenone. Chances are <slru-truncate-t-insurance-v5.patch> is doing code less error-prone.

Fix <slru-truncate-modulo-v6.patch> certainly worth backpatching.

Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.