Re: Max# of tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christophe Pettus
Subject Re: Max# of tablespaces
Date
List pgsql-general

> On Jan 5, 2021, at 13:55, Thomas Flatley <FLATLEYT@outlook.com> wrote:
>
> As far as I can tell, each tablespace is a partition, and I assume they felt this was the best way to perform
partitionmaintenance - again, I don’t know ,

It's a very common Oracle-ism to have a lot of tablespaces, in part because (IIRC) Oracle makes it an incredible pain
inthe neck to add tablespaces once the DB is in use.  For sharding purposes, you probably want schemas in PostgreSQL
insteadof tablespaces, although having that many schemas is going to not be optimal, either.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com