Re: [Fwd: Re: proposal: new long psql parameter --on-error-stop] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From MauMau
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: proposal: new long psql parameter --on-error-stop]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

From: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>
> fixed

Thank you.  All is fine.

>> should be ""Environment variables".  And this section lacks description
>> for Windows, such as:
>>
>> + printf(_("  NAME=VALUE [NAME=VALUE] psql ...\n  or \\setenv NAME
>> [VALUE]
>> in interactive mode\n\n"));
>>
>> + printf(_("  PGPASSFILE         password file (default ~/.pgpass)\n"));
>>

> ??? -

I meant that how to set environment variables on Windows command prompt is
different from on UNIX/Linux, and the default password file path is also
different on Windows.  Do we describe them in this help?

Lastly, to follow most of your descriptions, "s" at the end of the first
verb in these messages should be removed.  For example, use "set" instead of
"sets".

+ printf(_("  COMP_KEYWORD_CASE  determines which letter case to use when
completing an SQL key word\n"));
+ printf(_("  columns            sets the target width for the wrapped
format\n"));
+ printf(_("  linestyle          sets the border line drawing style [ascii,
old-ascii, unicode]\n"));
+ printf(_("  recordsep          specifies the record (line) separator to
use in unaligned output format\n"));
+ printf(_("  title              sets the table title for any subsequently
printed tables\n"));

This is all I noticed in the review.

Regards
MauMau