How to Rejoin a Node after failover [Postgre SQL replication using Slony-I] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vishnu S.
Subject How to Rejoin a Node after failover [Postgre SQL replication using Slony-I]
Date
List pgsql-general

 Hi,

I am using Slony-I 2.0.4 with PostgreSQL 8.4 in windows XP. I have replicated the data from a master (say A ) to a slave machine(say B).

And when the Master machine A fails, the slave machine B, acts as Master machine and the node corresponding to master is dropped using

DROP NODE command. It  also works fine. My requirement is that,

I have to rejoin the machine A to the replication set.

Then I have to replicate data from Machine B to Machine A. (ie. Both machine A and Machine B should contain same data.)

Then I have to change Machine A as master machine and Master B slave machine.

Please help me to create scripts for this. I have tried without dropping the node too. But it also not working.

Please tell me how to rejoin a dropped node into the replication set after failover.

Thanks & Regards,

Vishnu S

***** Confidentiality Statement/Disclaimer *****

This message and any attachments is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient. It may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or modification is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately then delete it from all your systems, and do not copy, use or print. Internet communications are not secure and it is the responsibility of the recipient to make sure that it is virus/malicious code exempt.
The company/sender cannot be responsible for any unauthorized alterations or modifications made to the contents. If you require any form of confirmation of the contents, please contact the company/sender. The company/sender is not liable for any errors or omissions in the content of this message.