Re: [GENERAL] Corrupt index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daryl Stultz
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Corrupt index
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 12:24 PM, Daryl Stultz

>>You've given no details at all. What business pattern? What does the
>>index and table look like?

Hi Peter. There are no details that are obvious to me that I should be providing. The business process is one of a thousand that the application performs. To describe it generically, if we were running a commerce website, every time we find ourselves in this situation the record is related to a cancelled order. Something like that.

The primary key of the table is of "serial" type with an index like so:
 "scheduledassignments_pk" PRIMARY KEY, btree (scheduledassignmentid)

We have various triggers on the table.

Since the DB is managed by Amazon, I'm inclined to think the system is set up properly and the hardware is solid. This leaves me to consider some pattern in SQL, transactions and such that we are running that might be causing the corruption. Basically I don't have any idea what to look for.

/Daryl