STATISTICS retained in CREATE TABLE ... LIKE (INCLUDING ALL)? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Stephen Froehlich
Subject STATISTICS retained in CREATE TABLE ... LIKE (INCLUDING ALL)?
Date
List pgsql-novice

I use a CREATE TABLE … LIKE [default_table] (INCLUDING ALL) query to create partitions of a hypertable, and I have found that I need to add a “CREATE STATISTICS” entry between two columns of the table.

Are custom statistics in PG10 retained in LIKE (INCLUDING ALL) or do I need to recreate the statistics by hand each time I create a new table?

Thanks,

Stephen

Stephen Froehlich
Sr. Strategist, CableLabs®