Replicate a table through a client? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Stephen Froehlich
Subject Replicate a table through a client?
Date
List pgsql-novice

Hi All,

I have a kind of odd need, I am about to create a database that has a private portion that is stored locally that then has a cleansed public version that we share with a partner.  The plan is to host this cleansed public version either through Amazon RDS as a Postgres instance or run a small Amazon instance that will be a Postgres server.

The database is relatively small, less than 20 GB compressed (its currently a series of .RData files).

What is the best way to architect this setup?  I can always copy fresh each time through R, but I get the feeling that there must be a more elegant solution.

I would like to avoid running a VPN client on the AWS instance (e.g. have a foreign data wrapper on the AWS instance) and instead have the local server reach out to AWS instead and push the data somehow.

--Stephen

Stephen Froehlich
Sr. Strategist, CableLabs®

s.froehlich@cablelabs.com