RE: pgbackrest archive-push exit code 25 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Stephen Froehlich
Subject RE: pgbackrest archive-push exit code 25
Date
List pgsql-novice
I ended up solving it by turning archiving off and back on in postgresql.conf to purge the offending forward file ...
itsan analysis database, so I can restart PostgreSQL at my leisure most of the time ... AND setting up pgbackrest
properlyon the remote server instead of just via sshfs.

Thanks for the help.

--Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2018 19:04
To: Stephen Froehlich <s.froehlich@cablelabs.com>
Cc: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: pgbackrest archive-push exit code 25

Greetings,

* Stephen Froehlich (s.froehlich@cablelabs.com) wrote:
> I am in the process of getting pgbackrest up and running on my analysis server, and I keep on getting the following
butcan't find a reference for "exit code 25" in for pgbackrest.  My next step will be to restart the server when a
currentprocess is done, but beyond that I'm kind of stuck and have a large backlog of WAL at this point, but where do I
finda reference for this error code?

> 2018-05-18 08:54:22.528 MDT [28589] LOG:  archive command failed with
> exit code 25
> 2018-05-18 08:54:22.528 MDT [28589] DETAIL:  The failed archive
> command was: pgbackrest --stanza=tsbackup archive-push
> pg_wal/000000010000A7E0000000F5
> 2018-05-18 08:54:22.529 MDT [28589] WARNING:  archiving write-ahead
> log file "000000010000A7E0000000F5" failed too many times, will try
> again later

Exit code 25 is an assertion failure in pgbackrest, which should generally be very rare.  Even so though, the next
thingto do is enable increased logging in pgbackrest to see what's going on.  Have you looked for any existing logs
(eg:/var/log/pgbackrest)..?  What does your pgbackrest.conf look like?

Thanks!

Stephen