Re: [GENERAL] storing large files in database - performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eric Hill
Subject Re: [GENERAL] storing large files in database - performance
Date
List pgsql-general
OK, thanks very much.  It seems like my process is somehow flawed.  I'll try removing some layers and see if I can
figureout what is killing the performance.

Eric

> Do these numbers surprise you?  Are these files just too large for
> storage in PostgreSQL to be practical?  Could there be something about
> my methodology that is slowing things down?

Yes, it does surprise me. I just tested inserting an 11MB file using
psycopg2(Python) and it was less then a second.