Re: PostgreSQL Timezone and Brazilian DST - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edson Richter
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Timezone and Brazilian DST
Date
Re: PostgreSQL Timezone and Brazilian DST  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general

---- Adrian Klaver escreveu ----

> On 10/27/2015 07:29 PM, Edson Richter wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Using PostgreSQL 9.3.10 x86_64 Oracle EL7 compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.8.3
> > 20140911, installed using yum repository.
> >
> > In postgresql.conf, I do have:
> >
> > timezone="America/Sao_Paulo"
> >
> > Since DST is in place in Brazil, it is enough to "systemctl reload
> > postgresql-9.3" to make it effective?
>
> Are you saying that you just changed the timezone setting or that time
> in Brazil just went from standard time to DST and you want to know
> whether Postgres will automatically pick that up with the existing
> setting as above?

Configured since first setup. Brazil went DST few days ago.
Today, executing

Select now()
Resulted in

2015-10-28 02:45:37-03:00

I do expect

2015-10-28 03:45:37-02:00

I suspect that Postgres is ignoring the DST change.

I just want to know if reload or restart is enough to make Postgres get into track.

Thanks,

Edson