Oracle Packages and Stored Procedures - PostgreSQL conversion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Panneerselvam Posangu
Subject Oracle Packages and Stored Procedures - PostgreSQL conversion
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have some Oracle Packages and some standalone procedure in Oracle schema. As we are converting our application as PostgreSQL compliant we are looking at these Oracle objects. These packages have no variables declared and consist of a few stored procedures. Please suggest a good approach to convert them into PosgreSQL compliant objects

1. PL/SQL Packages
Is it advisable to convert constituent stored procedures into PostgreSQL Functions and wrap them inside another function?

2. PL/SQL Stored Procedures
Is it advisable to convert stored procedures into PostgreSQL Functions?

I am quite new to PostgreSQL; hence seeking some help from larger group of experts. Currently I try to understand the suggestions from 9.2.4 documentation here: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/plpgsql-porting.html

Thanks in advance,
Panneerselvam Posangu