Plannings on Implementation of DECLARE CURSOR x for SELECT ... FOR UPDATE / UPDATE ... WHERE CURRENT OF ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hans Groschwitz
Subject Plannings on Implementation of DECLARE CURSOR x for SELECT ... FOR UPDATE / UPDATE ... WHERE CURRENT OF ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,
are you planning to implement WRITABLE cursors
in one of the next releases of pgsql?
If so, do you have some kind of roadmap about that?

We are currently looking for a replacement rdbms for an informix based
application with a duty of over 100 concurrent interactive user sessions.

Therefore we require the row-locking mechanism of
"DECLARE CURSOR x FRO SELECT FOR UPDATE" and
"UPDATE  ... WHERE CURRENT OF ..."

Tnx for your answer in advance,

Dr. Hans Groschwitz
www.boom.de