Installing PostgreSQL on winNT - Mailing list pgsql-general

From vikas vkgupta gupta
Subject Installing PostgreSQL on winNT
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
I am trying to install PostgreSQL on winNT platform.

These are the steps I performed:

1. Installed Cygwin.
2. Installed cygipc.
3. Now while running ./configure I am getting following error:

$ ./configure
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking which template to use... win
checking whether to build with locale support... no
checking whether to build with recode support... no
checking whether to build with multibyte character support... no
checking whether to build with Unicode conversion support... no
checking for default port number... 5432
checking for default soft limit on number of connections... 32
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
using CFLAGS=-O2
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O2 ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot creat
e executables.

Isn't gcc the c compiler which comes with Cygwin? Do I need some other C compiler?

Thanks
Vikas

http://clubs.lycos.com/live/events/september11.asp