Re: need help Connect failure in an applet - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Doggett
Subject Re: need help Connect failure in an applet
Date
List pgsql-general
Alex,

    Immediately after sending the inquiry I discovered that default applet
behavior is as you desribe and that one must change the java.policy file to
allow the connection.

    When I did that, I now get a different error, that the postmaster is
refusingthe connection. The solution to this problem is supposed to be
adding  tcpip_socket = true to the postgresql.conf file and restarting the
postgresql service. When I did that, I got an error when restarting the
service.

    Now I am rebooting to see if that helps.

Jay