Re: Create a logical and physical replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Deepak Pahuja .
Subject Re: Create a logical and physical replication
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes it is possible.

From: Ashok Kumar Tiwari <ashokt@ohumhealthcare.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 7:12:45 PM
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>
Cc: Rui DeSousa <rui@crazybean.net>; Shital A <brightuser2019@gmail.com>; pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org <pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org>; pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org <pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: Create a logical and physical replication

its possible to cascade a logical replication from a binary slave replica?

image.png

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 11:25 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello.

At Mon, 4 Nov 2019 19:05:24 +0530, Ashok Kumar Tiwari <ashokt@ohumhealthcare.com> wrote in
> is it possible in postgres to create one physical replica for DR(data
> recovery purpose) and another one logical replica for reporting purpose

A physical replication standby cannot be a publisher. You will find
that CREATE PUBLICATION fails.

> master --------> physical standby (for DR  Purpose)
> logical replica for reporting purpose
>
> ------------------ or cascading logic replication
>
>   master --------> physical standby (for DR  Purpose) ------------- >
> logical replica for reporting purpose

The former works (as documented in [1]) but the latter doesn't.

By the way, If I'm not missing anything I don't find a description on
this restriction in the documentation.  Shouldn't it be in [2], or
[1]?

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/logical-replication.html
[2]: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/logical-replication-restrictions.html

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

--
Ashok Kumar Tiwari,
Senior Technical Consultant,

http://www.blystreecare.com/images/tree-clipart-4.gif Save a tree. Please avoid printing this email unless necessary.

***** Email confidentiality notice *****

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.

Attachment