Fatal: password authentication failed for user "xxxxxx" - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Warren Murray
Subject Fatal: password authentication failed for user "xxxxxx"
Date
List pgsql-novice
I'm new to the psql and I'm restoring a database in psql.

I was instructed to drop the existing schema (ismuser) in psql using the
following: DROP SCHEMA xxxxxx CASCADE;

Then I was to recreate schema via psql at the command line: psql -U
xxxxxx -W -d myProblemToday -f schema.backup

When I execute the command above, I receive the following error:  FATAL:
password authentication failed for user "xxxxxx"

What I'm I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Warren L Murray
Booz Allen Hamilton