Database migration - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Dilan Arumainathan
Subject Database migration
Date
Re: OT Database migration  (Dani Oderbolz <oderbolz@ecologic.de>)
List pgsql-admin
I am trying to migrate a database from Oracle to Postgresql. I am using the
PgAdmin database migration wizard (1.5.60-Dev) to do this. Using ODBC I am
able to migrate small tables but I have a few tables that have over 10
million rows that are failing. I know the reason as I am getting an
"Snapshot too old" error from Oracle but am unable to come up with a
workaround. I prefer using the wizard as it takes care of nulls etc. which I
might have to handle if I went the dump and load route. Can someone give me
an idea on getting around this (other than preventing updates to Oracle).

Also, is there a way to turn off WAL while loading bulk data.

thanks
dilan