Re: pg_upgrade Only the install user can be defined in the new cluster - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: pg_upgrade Only the install user can be defined in the new cluster
Date
List pgsql-general
> On 16 Mar 2023, at 15:56, Dávid Suchan <david.suchan@student.tuke.sk> wrote:
>
> So I tried upgrading into this brand new cluster I created(using initdb -D /somedatapathichose). Running the upgrade
with--check worked, it returned message that the clusters are identical. Then I stopped the new cluster, and ran the
pg_upgradewithout --check, which resulted in another:
> Checking database user is the install user

pg_upgrade --check does not alter the new cluster in any way, so you must have
some form of processing on your system that configured the new cluster with
roles (and possibly other things) in between these runs.

--
Daniel Gustafsson