Re: Result Set Cursor Patch - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Andy Zeneski
Subject Re: Result Set Cursor Patch
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
We are talking about concurrency right, not scroll type. The problem
will be not when the result set is scrollable, but rather then the
concurrency is updatable. Is this correct? If so, I have this fixed, I
am adding some test cases now and will send over a new patch.

-Andy

On Apr 30, 2004, at 12:18 PM, Kris Jurka wrote:

> You didn't, but before a scrollable updateable resultset would fetch
> all
> the rows so it could manipulate them.  With a cursor based method you
> will
> be discarding the changes when moving to a new block and when
> refetching
> you won't see them because the cursor won't pick up the changes.  The
> scrollable updateable case must fall back to fetching all rows instead
> of
> throwing an exception because so many people are already using it.
>
> Kris Jurka

Attachment