Re: what is the date format in binary query results - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Samantha Atkins
Subject Re: what is the date format in binary query results
Date
List pgsql-general
How can it be a simple 8 byte int or float and specify a timezone?
This is only a time interval from a fixed date/time.  Where is the
timezone part?

On Nov 8, 2007, at 7:18 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Samantha Atkins <sjatkins@mac.com> writes:
>> What can I expect for a date format from a PGresult containing binary
>> results?  Specifically the Oid type is TIMESTAMPTZOID.
>
> It's either an int8 representing microseconds away from 2000-01-01
> 00:00:00 UTC, or a float8 representing seconds away from the same
> origin.
>
>             regards, tom lane

- samantha

Vote Ron Paul for President in 2008 -- Save Our Constitution!
Go to RonPaul2008.com, and search "Ron Paul" on YouTube