RE: [ext] Re: Pointers towards identifying bulk import bottleneck(walwriter tuning?) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Holtgrewe, Manuel
Subject RE: [ext] Re: Pointers towards identifying bulk import bottleneck(walwriter tuning?)
Date
Re: [ext] Re: Pointers towards identifying bulk import bottleneck(walwriter tuning?)  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I also tried creating the table as "UNLOGGED" which led to walwriter I/O to drop drastically and I now get no
wall-clocktime increase with two import processes but it gets slower with four.

Switching off fsync leads to a drastic time improvement but still higher wall-clock time for four threads.

Thanks for the pointer to the other mailing list. I'll try my luck there.

Cheers,
Manuel