Re: Unable to install postgresql 8.0.x - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Mohan, Ross
Subject Re: Unable to install postgresql 8.0.x
Date
List pgsql-ports
what is the purpose of the gcc "-Wno_error"?

Smells like it'd stop a compilation based on "warning"
level during compilation.

dunno.

try taking it out and trying again, meanwhile researching
why you (or someone else) put it in there.

-----Original Message-----
From:    pgsql-ports-owner@postgresql.org on behalf of Ranga Nathan
Sent:    Sun 12-Jun-05 7:09 PM
To:    pgsql-ports@postgresql.org
Subject:    [PORTS] Unable to install postgresql 8.0.x
I am trying to install v8.9.2/3 on SuSE 9 on s390 (IBM mainframe)
platform. During compilation I get this error:

Our environment is => SuSE 9 under z/VM 5.1
When running "gmake" for postgresql 8.0.3, I get the error below. Any
ideas?

gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wendif-labels
-fno-strict-al iasing -Wno-error  -I./../include -I.
-I../../../../src/include -D_GNU_SOURCE  - DMAJOR_VERSION=4
-DMINOR_VERSION=0 -DPATCHLEVEL=1  -c -o preproc.o preproc.c In file
included from preproc.y:6409:
pgc.c: In function `yylex':
pgc.c:1487: warning: label `find_rule' defined but not used

gcc: Internal error: Terminated (program cc1)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://www.suse.de/feedback> for instructions.
gmake[4]: *** [preproc.o] Error 1

Looks like some error in gcc (ver 3.3.3) or problems with some option.

I am defaulting to  options in configure step.

I even did a yast update to make sure that I have all the patches!

Your direction is appreciated.

      joining column's datatypes do not match