Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Dilger
Subject Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On Mar 30, 2021, at 5:41 PM, Mark Dilger <mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
> 1) PostgresNode::init() doesn't work for older server versions

PostgresNode::start() doesn't work for servers older than version 10, either.  If I hack that function to sleep until
thepostmaster.pid file exists, it works, but that is really ugly and is just to prove to myself that it is a timing
issue. There were a few commits in the version 10 development cycle (cf, commit
f13ea95f9e473a43ee4e1baeb94daaf83535d37c)which changed how pg_ctl works, though I haven't figured out yet exactly what
theinteraction with PostgresNode would be.  I'll keep looking.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company