Re: Group By? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guy Rouillier
Subject Re: Group By?
Date
List pgsql-general
Converted your message to plain text as preferred on most mailing lists.

Bob Pawley wrote:
> I want to take the serial ID of several values in different rows in
> one table and insert them into a single row of another table.
>
> Would the 'group by' command be the best way to do this?

Could you provide an actual example?  The wording of your question is a
little vague and an example might help solicit an answer to the actual
problem.  For example, are these serial ID values all in a the same
column in the source table?  Or is each one in a different column?  And
what is the selection criteria that brings these results together?

--
Guy Rouillier