Re: hundreds of millions row dBs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guy Rouillier
Subject Re: hundreds of millions row dBs
Date
Re: hundreds of millions row dBs  (Wes <wespvp@syntegra.com>)
List pgsql-general
Greer, Doug wrote:
> Hello all,
>         I am interested in using Postgresql for a dB of hundreds of
> millions of rows in several tables.  The COPY command seems to be way
> too slow.  Is there any bulk import program similar to Oracle's SQL
> loader for Postgresql? Sincerely,
> Doug Greer

We're getting about 64 million rows inserted in about 1.5 hrs into a
table with a multiple-column primary key - that's the only index.
That's seems pretty good to me - SQL Loader takes about 4 hrs to do the
same job.

--
Guy Rouillier