Re: PostgreSQL (XADataSource) as Tomcat Resource - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Guy Rouillier
Subject Re: PostgreSQL (XADataSource) as Tomcat Resource
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
markds75 wrote:
> The only error is the exception (the Tomcat thrown exception is at the
> bottom):
>
> Caused by: <1|true|4.0.0EA4> kodo.util.InternalException: There was
>         an error when invoking the static getInstance method on the
>         named factory class "class
> kodo.jdbc.kernel.JDBCBrokerFactory".  See the nested exception for
> details. at kodo.kernel.Bootstrap.getBrokerFactory(Bootstrap.java:96)
> at

kodo.jdo.PersistenceManagerFactoryImpl.getPersistenceManagerFactory(Pers
istenceManagerFactoryImpl.java:43)
>         ... 61 more
> Caused by:

com.solarmetric.apache.commons.lang.exception.NestableRuntimeException:
> There was an error duing JNDI lookup of the name
>         "java:comp/env/jdbc/whisper_db". At

What is "kodo"?  That is not part of the standard Tomcat installation.
At any rate, have you read the Tomcat documentation on configuring
datasources
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.h
tml?  I did some quick googling on "tomcat XADataSource" and while I got
a lot of hits, none of the top 10 seemed to have achieved much success.
There are some examples of configuring the factory, so that might come
in helpful.  I looked in the latest PG JDBC driver jar and I see no
support for XA there.  Are you certain this is even a supported
configuration?

--
Guy Rouillier