Re: Connection reauthentication in jboss datasource connection pool - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Guy Rouillier
Subject Re: Connection reauthentication in jboss datasource connection pool
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
A Redhead wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question, please let
> me know if it isn't :)

The JBoss web site has forums where you would stand a better chance of
obtaining helpful suggestions on this issue, since it really deals with
JBoss database connection pooling and is not really PG-specific.  If you
think about it, connections require credentials.  The only way you can
pool reusable connections is if they all use the same credentials.  If
you want individual credentials, you'll need individual connections.
You should only have as many simultaneous connections as you have
simultaneous users.

This is not an uncommon problem, and it has been discussed frequently on
the JBoss forums.  Search the archives there.