Re: standby promotion can create unreadable WAL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Imseih (AWS), Sami
Subject Re: standby promotion can create unreadable WAL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>    I agree. Testing StandbyMode here seems bogus. I thought initially
>    that the test should perhaps be for InArchiveRecovery rather than
>    ArchiveRecoveryRequested, but I see that the code which switches to a
>    new timeline cares about ArchiveRecoveryRequested, so I think that is
>    the correct thing to test here as well.

>    Concretely, I propose the following patch.

This  patch looks similar to the change suggested in
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/FB0DEA0B-E14E-43A0-811F-C1AE93D00FF3%40amazon.com
to deal with panics after promoting a standby.

The difference is the patch tests !ArchiveRecoveryRequested instead
of !StandbyModeRequested as proposed in the mentioned thread.

Thanks
--
Sami Imseih
Amazon Web Services