Re: Postgresql INSERT speed (how to improve performance)? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John DeSoi
Subject Re: Postgresql INSERT speed (how to improve performance)?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Aug 13, 2007, at 11:54 PM, Lim Berger wrote:

> I am testing through PHP microtime function. The query is administered
> through pg_query() function of PHP. I know there could be some latency
> coming in from the PHP's PG functions' overhead, but not such an order
> of magnitude different from "mysqli_query"!  (I hope -- because this
> is quite a common real-world situation I would think).

You might also try using prepared statements for your inserts (see
PHP's pg_prepare and pg_execute functions). This will also save time
you are likely using to escape the inserted strings.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL