Re: [BUGS] BUG #14524: Commands compare with nested subqueryexpressions fail with "should not reference subplan var" - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From CR VV
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14524: Commands compare with nested subqueryexpressions fail with "should not reference subplan var"
Date
In response to Re: [BUGS] BUG #14524: Commands compare with nested subquery expressions fail with "should not reference subplan var"  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
Thanks for your reply.

By turning off 'enable_material', I can execute these SQL successfully.

Will this be fixed in minor release or next major release?

crvv.mail@gmail.com writes:
> SELECT '1' IN (SELECT (SELECT '1'::BOOL))
> Error message is "plan should not reference subplan's variable".

Seems to be a problem with pasting on Material nodes at the last minute.
As a short-term workaround, you might try turning off enable_material.

                        regards, tom lane