Re: Logical Decoding Failover - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Colin Morelli
Subject Re: Logical Decoding Failover
Date
List pgsql-general
Venkata,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately something like PgPool still won't create the replication slots on all hosts, and record the LSN in a way that is reusable on the secondary.

This sort of puts logical decoding at odds with HA, correct? In the case of master failover, there's no way to: a) know where in the stream you read to, or b) convert that to something that can be understood by a replica that's about to be promoted.

Are there any scheduled improvements here either for 9.6 or 9.7?

Best,
Colin