Re: Optimize referential integrity checks (todo item) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chetan Suttraway
Subject Re: Optimize referential integrity checks (todo item)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 7:36 AM, Vik Reykja <vikreykja@gmail.com> wrote:
I decided to take a crack at the todo item created from the following post:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2005-10/msg00458.php

The attached patch makes the desired changes in both code and function naming.

It seemed quite easy to do but wasn't marked as easy on the todo, so I'm wondering if I've missed something.  All regression tests pass.

The patch was not getting applied. Was seeing below message:
postgresql$ git apply  /Downloads/unchanged.patch
error: src/backend/utils/adt/ri_triggers.c: already exists in working directory

Have come up with attached patch which hopefully should not have missed any of your changes.
Please verify the changes.

Regards,
Chetan

PS: would like the patch name to be something meaningful.

--
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

EnterpriseDB Blog : http://blogs.enterprisedb.com