Re: Fwd: Extending range type operators to cope with elements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Esteban Zimanyi
Subject Re: Fwd: Extending range type operators to cope with elements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dear all

Best regards

Esteban

Prof. Esteban Zimanyi
Department of Computer & Decision Engineering  (CoDE) CP 165/15
Universite Libre de Bruxelles
Avenue F. D. Roosevelt 50
B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
fax: + 32.2.650.47.13
tel: + 32.2.650.31.85
e-mail: ezimanyi@ulb.ac.be
Internet: http://cs.ulb.ac.be/members/esteban/

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 5:18 AM David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 04:30:52PM +0200, Esteban Zimanyi wrote:
> > So yes, I've had a need for those operators in the past. What I don't
> know is whether adding these functions will be worth the catalog clutter.
>
> The operators are tested and running within MobilityDB. It concerns lines
> 231-657 for the C code in file
> https://github.com/MobilityDB/MobilityDB/blob/master/src/rangetypes_ext.c
>
> and lines 32-248 for the SQL code in file
> https://github.com/ULB-CoDE-WIT/MobilityDB/blob/master/src/sql/07_rangetypes_ext.in.sql
>
> Since you don't really use PR, please let me know whether I can be of
> any help.

It's not done by pull request at this time. Instead, it is done by sending
patches to this mailing list.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Development_information
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/So,_you_want_to_be_a_developer%3F