Re: How to disable the autovacuum ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Esteban Zimanyi
Subject Re: How to disable the autovacuum ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Many thanks Tom for your feedback. I appreciate it.

Actually the tests work in parallel with autovacuum, I just wanted to minimize the test time since the autovacuum launches in the middle of the many regression and robustness tests. But then I follow your advice.

Regards

Esteban

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 3:49 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Esteban Zimanyi <ezimanyi@ulb.ac.be> writes:
> Any idea how to disable the autovacuum during the regression and coverage
> tests for the MobilityDB extension ?

TBH, this seems like a pretty bad idea.  If your extension doesn't
behave stably with autovacuum it's not going to be much use in the
real world.

In the core tests, we sometimes disable autovac for individual
tables using a per-table storage option, but that's a last resort.