Re: Bug in GET STACKED DIAGNOSTICS ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan S
Subject Re: Bug in GET STACKED DIAGNOSTICS ?
Date
List pgsql-general
I got another unexpected behaviour of the call stack by this invocation  :

select testfunc2(true) from generate_series(1,10);

The first call stack is different from the nine folllowing.
Shouldn't it be identical to the others ?

Best Regards
Dan S

2012/12/11 Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>
Hello

2012/12/10 Dan S <strd911@gmail.com>:
> Hi !
>
> I'm running "PostgreSQL 9.2.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc
> (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) 4.6.3, 32-bit" on  ubuntu 12.04 .
>
> I'm a bit perplexed by the difference in PG_EXCEPTION_CONTEXT of the
> following two invocations of a function where I try to get the call stack.
> Is this expected behaviour ?
>
> First invocation (This is the one where I get the expected notification):
>
> select * from testfunc2(true);
>
> NOTICE:  PL/pgSQL function testfunc(boolean) line 8 at assignment
> PL/pgSQL function testfunc2(boolean) line 6 at RETURNs
>

> Second invocation (I did expect two rows of callstack here also but I only
> got one):
>
> select * from testfunc2(false);
>
> NOTICE:  PL/pgSQL function testfunc2(boolean) line 6 at RETURNs

It is feature, not e bug - although I don't sure what is sense of this feature.

plpgsql_exec_error_callback(void *arg)
{
        PLpgSQL_execstate *estate = (PLpgSQL_execstate *) arg;

        /* if we are doing RAISE, don't report its location */
        if (estate->err_text == raise_skip_msg)
                return;

we don't attach context for RAISE statement.

Regards

Pavel Stehule