Re: Removing unneeded self joins - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: Removing unneeded self joins
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi, Vardan!

Great, thank you!

On Tue, Jul 16, 2024 at 5:26 PM Вардан Погосян <vardan.pogosyn@yandex.ru> wrote:
> I did the SJE testing at Andrey's request.
> To do this, I used the automatic testing tool EET (Equivalent Expression Transformation) [1] with some modifications.
> EET transforms the logical conditions in a query, creating multiple queries waiting for the same number of rows.

What revision of patch did you use?

> In order to make sure that the SJE logic is executed at all, I tried to cover the code with ereports() as much as
possible.

Could you share this?  Probably some of these ereports() we would like to keep.

> During the testing process, I did not find any inconsistencies in the number of rows returned, as well as other
criticalproblems.

Did you use assert-enabled build?  I guess you mean no server crashes,
right?  Also, could you share some statistics on how long did you run,
what number of queries did you execute etc.?

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov
Supabase