Re: Psql patch to show access methods info - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: Psql patch to show access methods info
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 10:05 PM Nikita Glukhov <n.gluhov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> On 01.07.2019 14:06, Thomas Munro wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 2:13 PM <s.cherkashin@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> >> Thanks for review.
> > Hi Sergey,
> >
> > A new Commitfest is here and this doesn't apply -- could you please
> > post a rebase?
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> Attached 7th version of the patches rebased onto current master.

Thank you for posting this patch.  It looks good to me.

I've one note.  Behavior of "\dA" and "\dA pattern" look
counter-intuitive to me.  I would rather expect that "\dA pattern"
would just filter results of "\dA", but it displays different
information.  I suggest rename displaying access method properties
from "\dA pattern" to different.  And leave "\dA pattern" just filter
results of "\dA".

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company