Re: GSoC 2018 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: GSoC 2018
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi!

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 11:36 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
Greetings -hackers,

* Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
> The deadline for Mentoring organizations to apply is: January 23.

We currently only have four (4) projects for 2018 listed on our
projects page here:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/index.php?title=GSoC_2018

Could 2017 project ideas be reused this year?  IIRC, only 3 of project ideas were used last year.

 * Explicitly support predicate locks in index access methods besides btree (2017)
 * Eliminate O(N^2) scaling from rw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions (2017)
 * Foreign keys for Array elements (2017)

And subject of one project wasn't listed in our ideas list (parallel copy with error handling).

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company