Re: BUG #17066: Cache lookup failed when null (iso-8859-1) is passed as anycompatiblemultirange - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: BUG #17066: Cache lookup failed when null (iso-8859-1) is passed as anycompatiblemultirange
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 6:31 PM Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 7:01 PM Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Without looking too deeply, the patch seems sensible to me.  However,
> > > I'm CC'ing Alexander and Paul :-)
> >
> > Thank you for pointing this out.  And thanks to Neil for the fix.
> >
> > Looks good at the first glance.  I'm going to review this in the next
> > couple of days.
>
> I've reviewed enforce_generic_type_consistency() more carefully.  It
> looks for me that this function requires more significant rework.  For
> instance, these two functions throw errors, but it seems that both of
> them should work.
>
> create function multirange_func(r anycompatiblerange)
>   returns anycompatiblemultirange as 'select multirange($1);' language sql;
> create function range_func(r anycompatiblemultirange)
>   returns anycompatiblerange as 'select multirange($1);' language sql;
>
> # select multirange_func(int4range(1,10));
> ERROR:  could not identify anycompatiblemultirange type
>
> # select range_func(int4multirange(int4range(1,10)));
> ERROR:  could not determine polymorphic type anycompatiblerange
> because input has type unknown
>
> So, I'm still investigating this.

The second function was intended to be this to be a meaningful
example.  But anyway it fails with the same error.

create function range_func(r anycompatiblemultirange)
  returns anycompatiblerange as 'select range_merge($1);' language sql;

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov