Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 10:49 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

On April 9, 2016 12:43:03 PM PDT, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>On 2016-04-09 22:38:31 +0300, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
>> There are results with 5364b357 reverted.
>
>Crazy that this has such a negative impact. Amit, can you reproduce
>that? Alexander, I guess for r/w workload 5364b357 is a benefit on that
>machine as well?

How sure are you about these measurements?

I'm pretty sure.  I've retried it multiple times by hand before re-run the script.

Because there really shouldn't be clog lookups one a steady state is reached...

Hm... I'm also surprised. There shouldn't be clog lookups once hint bits are set.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company