Re: SQL/JSON path issues/questions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: SQL/JSON path issues/questions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi!

On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 5:27 PM Liudmila Mantrova
<l.mantrova@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

> I have rechecked the standard and I agree that we should use "filter
> expression" whenever possible.
> "A filter expression must be enclosed in parentheses..." looks like an
> oversight, so I fixed it. As for what's actually enclosed, I believe we
> can still use the word "condition" here as it's easy to understand and
> is already used in our docs, e.g. in description of the WHERE clause
> that serves a similar purpose.
> The new version of the patch fixes the terminology, tweaks the examples,
> and provides some grammar and style fixes in the jsonpath-related chapters.

It looks good to me.  But this sentence looks a bit too complicated.

"It can be followed by one or more accessor operators to define the
JSON element on a lower nesting level by which to filter the result."

Could we phrase this as following?

"In order to filter the result by values lying on lower nesting level,
@ operator can be followed by one or more accessor operators."

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company