Re: jsonpath - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: jsonpath
Date
Re: jsonpath  (Nikita Glukhov <n.gluhov@postgrespro.ru>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 2:54 AM Alexander Korotkov
<a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> 1) It seems that @* and @# are not going to be supported by any
> indexes.  I think we should remove these operators and let users use
> functions instead.
> 2) I propose to rename @~ operator to @@.  We already use @@ as
> "satisfies" in multiple places, and I thinks this case fits too.

3) How do we calculate the "id" property returned by keyvalue()
function?  It's not documented.  Even presence of "id" columns isn't
documented.  Standard stands that it's implementation-depended
indetifier of object holding key-value pair.  The way of its
calculation is also not clear from the code.  Why do we need constant
of 10000000000?

                id = jb->type != jbvBinary ? 0 :
                    (int64)((char *) jb->val.binary.data -
                            (char *) cxt->baseObject.jbc);
                id += (int64) cxt->baseObject.id * INT64CONST(10000000000);

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company