Re: Missing docs for new enable_group_by_reordering GUC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: Missing docs for new enable_group_by_reordering GUC
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 18, 2024 at 4:14 PM Pavel Borisov <pashkin.elfe@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Controls if the query planner will produce a plan which will provide <literal>GROUP BY</literal> keys presorted in
theorder of keys of a child node of the plan, such as an index scan. When disabled, the query planner will produce a
planwith <literal>GROUP BY</literal> keys only reordered to match
>> the <literal>ORDER BY</literal> clause, if any. When enabled, the planner will try to produce a more efficient plan.
Thedefault value is on.
> A correction of myself: presorted -> sorted, reordered ->sorted

Thank you for your review.  I think all of this make sense.  Please,
check the revised patch attached.

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov