Re: Challenges preventing us moving to 64 bit transaction id (XID)? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: Challenges preventing us moving to 64 bit transaction id (XID)?
Date
Re: Challenges preventing us moving to 64 bit transaction id (XID)?  (Chris Travers <chris.travers@adjust.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi!

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 1:41 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
On 2018-01-11 01:02:52 +0300, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> As I get from cputube, patchset doesn't compiles again.  Please find
> revised version attached.

It'd be good if you could maintain the patches as commits with some
description of why you're doing these changes.  It's a bit hard to
figure that out sometimes and having to dig through a thread with quite
some discussion certainly makes it less likely to be looked at.

Thank you for pointing.  In future I'll maintain patches with their description.
BTW, during FOSDEM developer meeting we decided that I should extract
64-bit in-memory representation of xids and resubmit it, while 64-bit
on-disk reprensentation should become a pluggable table access method.
I didn't manage to do this before current commitfest.  Also, the last commitfest
is already too late for such big changes.  So, I'm marking this RWF.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company