Re: Table AM Interface Enhancements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: Table AM Interface Enhancements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 21, 2024 at 7:37 PM Matthias van de Meent
<boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Apr 2024 at 12:34, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > You're right.  No sense trying to fix this.  Reverted.
>
> I just noticed that this revert (commit 6377e12a) seems to have
> introduced two comment blocks atop TableAmRoutine's
> scan_analyze_next_block, and I can't find a clear reason why these are
> two separate comment blocks.
> Furthermore, both comment blocks seemingly talk about different
> implementations of a block-based analyze functionality, and I don't
> have the time to analyze which of these comments is authorative and
> which are misplaced or obsolete.

Thank you, I've just removed the first comment.  It contains
heap-specific information and has been copied here from
heapam_scan_analyze_next_block().

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov