Re: KNN-GiST with recheck - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: KNN-GiST with recheck
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 2:20 AM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Alexander Korotkov
<aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> This patch was split from thread:
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAPpHfdscOX5an71nHd8WSUH6GNOCf=V7wgDaTXdDd9=goN-gfA@mail.gmail.com
>
> I've split it to separate thead, because it's related to partial sort only
> conceptually not technically. Also I renamed it to "knn-gist-recheck" from
> "partial-knn" as more appropriate name. In the attached version docs are
> updated. Possible weak point of this patch design is that it fetches heap
> tuple from GiST scan. However, I didn't receive any notes about its design,
> so, I'm going to put it to commitfest.

The partial sort thing is not in the current 2014-10 commitfest
(although this patch is). Is that intentional?

It's not. I just didn't revise partial sort yet :(

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.