Re: Making pg_rewind faster - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: Making pg_rewind faster
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi, Justin!

On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 1:05 PM Justin Kwan <justinpkwan@outlook.com> wrote:
> Not sure if this email went through previously but thank you for your feedback, I've incorporated your suggestions by
scanningthe logs produced from pg_rewind when asserting that certain WAL segment files were skipped from being copied
overto the target server.

> I've also updated the pg_rewind patch file to target the Postgres master branch (version 16 to be). Please see
attached.

Thank you for the revision.

I've taken a look at this patch. Overall it looks good to me. I also
don't see any design objections in the thread.

A couple of points from me:
1) I would prefer to evade hard-coded names for WAL segments in the
tap tests. Could we calculate the names in the tap tests based on the
diverge point, etc.?
2) Patch contains some indentation with spaces, which should be done
in tabs. Please consider either manually fixing this or running
pgindent over modified files.

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov