Re: WIP: Rework access method interface - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: WIP: Rework access method interface
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 6:36 PM, Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2015-08-10 16:58, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
That should work, thanks! Also we can have SQL-visible functions to get
amsupport and amstrategies and use them in the regression tests.

SQL-visible functions would be preferable to storing it in pg_am as keeping the params in pg_am would limit the extensibility of pg_am itself.

I actually meant just two particular functions (not per AM) which both get AM oid as argument. They should call amhandler and return amsupport and amstrategies correspondingly.
These functions can be used in regression tests to check opclass and opfamilies correctness.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company