Re: GIN predicate locking slows down valgrind isolationtests tremendously - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: GIN predicate locking slows down valgrind isolationtests tremendously
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 12:19 AM Alexander Korotkov
<a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> So, we're checking for conflict on tree root for every entry insert.
> That's right for posting tree, but completely unneeded for entry tree.
> I'm intended to change that to lock root of only posting tree if
> nobody explains me why I'm wrong...

BTW, I've tried to remove conflict checking from entry tree root
(patch is attached).  Neither current or my version of isolation tests
appear to be affected.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company